Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnard Mike Barnard is offline

Default Loft insulation U values. Where to find a chart?

Hi.

I need a basic chart showing the heat losses through a loft area if
there is no insulation, 50mm, 100mm up to the 265mm nominal 'perfect'
insulation. Anyone know where there is one or the facts (validated)
so I can draw one up for myself?

Along the lines of...

One sq metre of uninsulated plasterboard has a U value of... ?
Ditto with 50 mm standard rolled fibre insulation.
Ditto with 100 mm, 150 mm etc.

It's so I can show someone a comparison so she can decide just when
enough is enough compared with keeping spending more and more on more
materiels.

I am googling, and it's ongoing, but all I find so far is detailed
tech guides or company ads. I'll bet someone on here has a link
already!

Thanks.