Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Some low-rez images.

On Dec 28, 10:52*pm, Greg wrote:
Robatoy said:

All cropped and re-sized from a 3MP Nikon 885. Enjoy.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...PeggysCove.jpg

Oh, yeah. *How do you like the way JPEG compression foobars gradients.
Its one major shortcoming. I now have a crappy $100 HP with adjustable
yet non-defeatable compression - no raw mode. Even though it has far
more "megapixels" than its older and nicer predecessor (which fell
into a streamside 4 ft deep eddy hole carved into rock in the Sierra
Nevada's, along with an ex-girlfriend), the quality is far worse.
I regret not having the old camera in my hand at the time, primarily
so that I could have preserved the look on her face. (Yeah, I know -

Greg G.

LOL... indeed JPEG isn't the best compression scheme (TIF/Z is), the
original doesn't suffer the banding in the gradient... but then peeps
would be ****ed because of the biggie file size.