Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lyndell Thompson Lyndell Thompson is offline

Default Ping tom Gardner! OT how to cut nylon brush:-)

Thanks to all for the helpful hints. I may try all of these to see what
works best. I may have enough stuff around to build a wire cutter. Thanks
again.
Lyndell

"Ecnerwal" wrote in message
In article ,
"Lyndell Thompson" wrote:

P.S. Did I mention that with good quality almost new side cutters I can
only
cut about 1/8" section at a time? I don't know if it is nylon or what.
May
teflon? :-) Brown to black color bristles. I am looking for a way to do
this
in the field, short of taking a tablesaw or something on the job. More
specifically: I am looking for a miracle !

Rather than using side cutters, consider "hard wire cutters" with a
bypass cut. You may not need the "hard" aspect so much, but they would
do nicely and better than side cutters, IMHO. Perhaps/probably available
elsewhere, I got mine from a jewelry supply place, $15 or so. The shape
of the cutter does not let the wire being cut skitter away.

You might also apply your brain to the alternate solution of figuring
something to provide more adjustment in the attachment.