Brian Lawson

Default Elecrical Question

Hey KD,

Not sure I follow EXACTLY what you mean, but what I have done is
gang-mount three sockets for clothes dryers (6 bucks Canadian each)
side by side on the wall, all inter-connected as three phase ( instead
of two hots and a neutral). The 220 circuit breaker feeds two of
these legs. Then for my purposes, I've scrounged up five used plugs
from old clothes dryers (new = 15 bucks each.......at garage sale, a
buck or two). I've hooked each individual motor's leads for the
machines to the individual dryer plugs, including the rotary phase
convertor. For two of them, the cord set itself is long enough, and
for the other three I just joined the motor cab-tire to the cord set
with wire-nuts and taped them all up. Bit lumpy, but not bad if
you're neat. So I just plug in as required. Very simple, and I can
have just 220 single phase for a welder or whatever, by not wiring the
neutral on the plug.

Sorry if I've mis-understood, and this isn't what you meant.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On 22 Jun 2004 08:51:47 -0700, (KD) wrote:

I have 2 machine tools both 3 phase. I have a phase converter. I have
been in the past, just pulling the 3 wires from the motor off of the
converter, and plugging in the motor wires from the other machine.
Its a bigger pain that it sounds. I am looking for some kind of swith
to just switch between the two without having to pull wires. ANybody
know what I should be looking for? Thanks for the help. if trying to
email me direct, email

Thanks