Posted to alt.home.repair
James[_7_] James[_7_] is offline

Default dead odor in heating ducts

wrote in message
Look in the compartment where the blower/filter usually is.

yeah the filter area tends to be the lowest, animal falls and get
trapped..... and dies.

call regular heating contractor this happens a lot

avoid disassembling ductwork unless you know what your doing. it can
be a mess.

a friends fell down, 2 people one entire day to reassemble

The filter is above the furnace in the garage. The return air comes from
above the garage, down through the furnace, then down into the crawlspace,
and then up into floor registers.

I already check the filter. Clean and odor free. I guess I will next try to
sniff each floor register when the furnace is off (yuck). If I don't find
one with a strong odor, then I guess I'll venture into the crawlspace and
explore the ducts there.