Ned Simmons

Default Elecrical Question

In article ,
says...
Ned Simmons wrote:

snipped

I do have a pair of 30A motor starting switches wired as
Jeff describes above to select either the rotary or static
converter. One switch is mounted upside down and a bar
between the handles prevents both from being on at the same
time.

Ned Simmons

Hey, thanks Ned! I thought I was going to get all sorts of jazz from
folks for that "interlock" suggestion.

My first thought was to recommend your "upside down" (and I presume
offset by one width.) trick, but I wasn't sure how much an upside down
disconnect switch would agitate an inspector. G

Inspector? You need a code before you can have an
inspector. This is a town with no shortage of multi-million
dollar waterfront homes with no building code or electrical
code. The State of Maine does require towns to have a
plumbing code and shoreland zoning, but that's about it.

Here's a photo of the switches...
http://www.suscom-maine.net/~nsimmons/XferSw.JPG

If anyone wants to do something like this I have quite a
few of those switches, 3 pole 30A @ 600VAC, 7.5/15/20 HP @
240/480/600 VAC 3 phase.

That reminds of what some critic called Laurel and Hardy...."Two minds
without a single thought.."

Speak for yourself, I thought it was pretty clever g.

Ned Simmons