Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Take yer gun to the mall

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos shoed that Gunner Asch
wrote on Tue, 25 Dec 2007 10:34:44 -0800
in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Dave...give us examples of how the cops were not there when you needed
them.

? Cops aren't there to prevent crimes, they're there to investigate
crimes that have already happened and catch the bad guys who did them.
The only way to have cops always there when you need them is to have
LOTS of cops everywhere. Spain under Franco was like that,

Save that it doesn't prevent crime either. I know, I had a radio
stolen in broad daylight, in Madrid, long before Franco became a SNL
punch line. Yeah, the Big Crimes were down, but the petty crime still
happened.

Even in a Police stat, there's never a cop around when you want
one; even if it seems there is one when you don't.

pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est. "