Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
magwitch[_2_] magwitch[_2_] is offline

Default Time to forget Ebay?

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 20:27:17 on
Fri, 28 Dec 2007, magwitch remarked:
What is the risk you are trying to avert? That Paypal makes an
unauthorised withdrawal from a credit card, and that the CC company
refuses to chargeback the transaction? Both seem very unlikely.

Happened to me 7 times last summer during one transaction.

Something happened, but it wasn't unauthorised withdrawals, and I doubt
your credit card ended up with seven times the original charge, which
was subsequently never refunded. Please don't over-dramatise as it ruins
your credibility.

Yes they *were* unauthorised withdrawals and I can supply documentary
evidence of them.

Being £500 in the red for 3 weeks might be peanuts to you, but I can
assure you it was the most frustrating and worrying financial experience
I have ever had (even worse than when my card was skimmed to the tune of
£1600 — at least then I could contact the bank and they were both
sympathetic and rectified the problem as soon as they were informed).

PayPal not only stonewalled both me and the seller, but also without my
authorisation helped themselves to £250 on two occasions.

When the FSA tentatively started to act on the many complaints they'd
received, PayPal scurried off to Luxemburg.