Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Time to forget Ebay?

In message . co.uk, at
12:01:52 on Fri, 28 Dec 2007, Jules
remarked:
What were the most time consuming parts? I find that the five minute
walk to the Post Office (when a seller) is the worst part. None of the
other steps takes more than a minute or two.

I sold a few (electronic) things before I left the UK. It all took way too
much time:

Properly testing the items.
Gathering packing materials.
Taking a range of good photos.
Researching what I was selling.
Writing up auction text.
Calculating postage costs.
Making sure items were *properly* packed.

The five minute walk to the post office was definitely the easy bit.

It's possible to spend ages, but I would suggest that if you
think it was "way too much" then perhaps you are using the wrong channel
to get rid of them. Depending on how much you value your time, and the
expected revenue, it should be fairly easy to decide if it's worth while
or not.
--
Roland Perry