Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Time to forget Ebay?

In message 47755ffd@qaanaaq, at 20:43:41 on Fri, 28 Dec 2007, Andy
Hall remarked:
I would rather buy the small things from somewhere that I can get
redress quickly and easily. For example, the M&S shoes that I
ordered immediately before Christmas arrived this morning. The
size is way too small - frankly undersized against the nominal.
Therefore they are going back. That happens by ticking a box on
the delivery note, sticking a peel off label on the packaging and
resealing it. Then it's Freepost at the post office or drop it into
a store if I wanted. Short of their arranging collection, that's
pretty good service. I don't really care if it costs a little more
than the same from an Ebay supplier. Two minutes, problem solved. Next thing.

And in a free market you can do just that. There are plenty of other
people who want to save the money though.

I'm sure, Presumably they don't consider the cost of their time....

No, they probably don't. Just like people who spend an hour or two
taking the bus to town and shopping around to save 50p don't, either.
--
Roland Perry