Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default 12vt compressors?

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 01:47:43 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

My Christmas presents included a gift certificate to....Harbor
Freight.. G

I was browsing the online catalog and came across their 12vt air
compressor. This would be handy for my truck.

Is this a decent rig, or is it a piece of crap?

Any suggestions for a decent one under $50?

Gunner

I've not used this particular one, but I've found others to have a
very limited life span -- less than an hour of use. Regard it as a
lighter and cheaper substitute for a 20 cu ft bottle of compressed
air or nitrogen, don't take any bets on which will last longer without
a refill on the bottle.

At the claimed 25 liters/min, the bottle would last about 22 min --
but it'd fill a tire a hell of a lot faster than the pump.

And don't forget the cost of a regulator and hose.

Steve