Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default cooker filter hoods

Sam wrote:
On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 13:57:41 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

First, are you talking about charcoal filters, which you need only if
you have a recirculating hood; or the 'paper sheet' type which trap
grease, and which you need regardless of whether your hood
recirculates or extracts to the outside?

If it's the latter, you can get generic ones anywhere (Aldi - dare I
mention it - are particularly cheap) and cut them to size, rather
than buying expensive model-specific filters. The charcoal ones are
usually enclosed in plastic cassettes, which will be model-specific.

Hello,

I was asking about both. This is the first time I have gone to change
the grease filter (overdue) and when I took the hood apart, I noticed
a gap where the charcoal filter should be. This vents outside, so
perhaps I don't need one.

Nope. Just the sheets of filter material. As Lobster said Aldi sell it
cheaply, or you can get it from Lakeland. Just cut it to size.

What's the best grease filter to buy: I see some are disposable whilst
others can be washed and reused?

Never used the washable type.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman