Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default 12vt compressors?

Pete C. wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
My Christmas presents included a gift certificate to....Harbor
Freight.. G

I was browsing the online catalog and came across their 12vt air
compressor. This would be handy for my truck.

Is this a decent rig, or is it a piece of crap?

Any suggestions for a decent one under $50?

Gunner

Nearly all the little 12V compressors are crap, it's mostly a question
of finding functional crap. I'd go for this one:

I've got it in my truck, and while I've not had a need to use it on the
road yet, it did seem to perform ok when I tested it out.

I'll second that. I have two of the 93186 and they work pretty well.
Tossed the POS gauge off mine as well as the crappy hose.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

Life is not like a box of chocolates
it's more like a jar of jalapenos-
what you do today could burn your ass tomorrow!