Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to tell which joint a leak is coming from?

In article ,
Gary wrote:
The nest of plastic piping under our kitchen sink has developed an as
yet small leak. It's a combination of the main sink drain, half sink
drain and dishwasher drain.

What's the best way I can tell which of the many joints is leaking?
There's only dampness around the fittings at the moment so I can't
actually see anything dripping from anywhere.

You'll probably have to dismantle the lot even if you do find which one is
leaking so just bite the bullet and do that anyway. A good time to neaten
it all up if it was a peacemeal development. ;-)

--
*(on a baby-size shirt) "Party -- my crib -- two a.m

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.