Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing grafitti from brownstone

On Dec 27, 3:24�pm, "Ray" wrote:
Instead of waiting for the city, my brother in law is going to lend me his
power washer. �Do I just use straight water or is there something I can put
on the wall first? �Or do I add it to the washer?

"Ray" wrote in message

In Chicago the city does it for free or go to a professional paint
store or maybe HD for the right product, a power washer is likely best
with the right product

I'm in Philadelphia and I just found out that the city will do it for free
also. �Now it's just a question of how long it will take for them to get
here (especially during the holiday season).

Thanks

"ransley" wrote in message
On Dec 27, 9:45 am, "Ray" wrote:
Someone was nice enough to give me a late Christmas present by writing
some
grafitti on the front of my house. Short of using a power washer (which I
don't have), what is the best way to remove it from brownstone/masonry
material?

I'm also worried if we just scrub it off that there will be the outline
of
what was there.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks

--

Ray

Remove NO and SPAM to reply

In Chicago the city does it for free or go to a professional paint
store or maybe HD for the right product, a power washer is likely best
with the right product- Hide quoted text -

use graffiti remover first, then gentle clean up with pressure washer
or hose.

pressure washers when used aggresively can do serious damage to
surfaces, at minimum making them look different from the uncleaned
areas......

goof off is what schools use to remove graffiti