Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Install Wood Floors Before or After Kitch Cabinets?

On Dec 27, 3:04�pm, KLS wrote:
On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 11:22:10 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:
its worse if your using laminate wood floor, water will get between
the pieces (seams) and make it delaminate

I've heard this argument before, and it's not wrong, but it's also a
lot less compelling than you make it sound, based on my personal
experience with an older Armstrong laminate that has lasted 11+ years
in our kitchen by the back door, which is the main entrance to the
house and which sees a lot of rain and snow. �We're not seeing
delamination, but we're seeing slight wear at the seams, hardly
visible. �Sure, the stuff doesn't last forever, but it holds up awful
good for the price and convenience of installation. �We'll be
installing new laminate in the spring as tile is just too hard, cold,
and slippery for our Great Lakes winter climate.

well the older laminated wood floor may hold up better than the new
cheaper stuff....

costs come down by cheaping out/

ceramic tile is available in all sorts of finishes from high gloss
slippery, to very rough no shine

vinyl tile is better than wood laminate. have a friend with that at
one year old you can see where the dog walks, claw marks in finish