Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce in Bangkok[_2_] Bruce in Bangkok[_2_] is offline

Default Wrenches (was grammar check)

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 16:46:41 -0500, Wes wrote:

Bruce in Bangkok wrote:

For what its worth:
We had a project some 15 years ago where the client specified
"snap-on, or equal" so we ordered snap On - some $150,000 worth. As I
result I got to meet the Asian Rep who when asked about the high cost
of their tools blamed Product Liability Insurance for a substantial
part of the cost of a Snap On wrench.

You sure it isn't the distribution system?

Snap-on, 8 mpg truck with franchisee drives to each sale, cost embedded in
product.

Sears, mpg doesn't matter, customers drive their car, truck or van.

Wes

Not on a project in central Sumatra, Indonesia. They did honor the
guarantee fully though. Every month the country rep would visit the
site and take an inventory of all the broken snap on tools we had
collected. Within a week or so they delivered replacement tools to our
office in Jakarta.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(Note:remove underscores
from address for reply)