Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Pinging Harold & Susan

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

How do you dress diamond wheels? I wasn't aware they could be dressed,
but
I've never had much to do with them, except for some old castoffs I
salvaged.

Oh, wait a minute. Are you talking about using a single-point diamond to
dress diamond wheels on a surface grinder? That I've seen. I was thinking
about the wheels on a bench grinder. Can you dress them the same way?

Ed,

http://www.ind.nortonabrasives.com/M...20Sticks.pd f

Wes

Thanks, Wes. Verrry interesting. Have you done this? How fast does an
aluminum oxide stick wear when you're dressing diamond? I assume it just
shatters the diamonds, right? Or does it pull a layer completely out of the
matrix, exposing a new layer?

--
Ed Huntress