Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Banning incandescent lamps?

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 18:36:55 +0000, with neither quill nor qualm, Mark
Rand quickly quoth:

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 18:21:17 -0500, Wes wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

BTW, I have about a 10 year stockpile from relatives who already
switched.

I've just about totally switched over myself. It didn't take a law.
When
the numbers work out you do it. Government assumes we are too stupid to
think for ourselves on economic matters.

Wes

I have _one_ room that isn't completely lit by CF bulbs. That's the lad's
bedroom with multiple 20W halogen spots in the ceiling. As they fail they
will
be replaced with 1.5W LED units. I have dimmable CF bulbs in two of the
bedrooms. The only gotcha with them is that if the dimmer is too old, it
might
struggle with the low load of the CF bulb. I have a box of 48 new
incandescent
bulbs that I will be taking to the tip sometime next year. I'll save money
by
throwing them away!

I can get CF bulbs in almost any power I want, at UK prices:-( :-

http://www.bltdirect.com/product.php?pid=266

Ouch! Wouldn't you rather pay just £8.14 for a 25 watter? (120 watt
equivalent) That's only 'bout 20 times what we pay over here across
the Pond. Ayup, "OUCH!" just about covers it.

Mark Rand (where electricity costs $20/kWhr)

Holy ****, Maynard! Well, at least you have that lovely socialized
medicine and all your streets are safe/free from guns.

I think Mark means about 20 *cents* a kilowatt-hour. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress