Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

Default 1001 things that won' t save the planet. Or even come close.

On 2007-12-27 22:46:38 +0000, Jules
said:

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 22:17:54 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
(Maybe we need a "1001 things that could save the planet" thread,
too :-)

No, actually its three things only.

Efficient electric batteries,
The internet
Nuclear power.

Those three together applied ruthlessly would knock western CO2
production down by around 90%.

Given the downward trend in community values over the last few decades,
I'm not sure that we should be making it easy for the planet to support
even more people...

Community values are a myth from a bygone era - Blitz mentality and all
the rest of it. It's a mirage.

Society needs a certain amount of challenge in order to refrain from
disappearing up its own backside :-)

What society?

The one that already HAS disappeared up its own backside, presumably.