Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

Default Install Wood Floors Before or After Kitch Cabinets?

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 11:29:37 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

The floor is not going to last forever. How are you going to get it out if
cabinets are sitting on top of it? How you going to cut it? What if you
want a different floor later? Running floor first is a dumb idea. It's
only done and suggested by people who don't know how to properly trim
flooring. The only time it makes a difference is down the road.

Agreed, and lest anyone argue that a dishwasher will be difficult to
pull out for repairs, the way to go there is to install the floor in
that space underneath the dishwasher, taking care to buy a DW that
will fit in the available space between the floor and the counter.
That's what we plan to do since our kitchen space has almost no
re-arrangement options, negating one of the arguments in favor of
flooring the entire room. We figure we're more likely to need to
replace the floor than rearrange the cabinets or gut the kitchen
($$!!).