Daniel A. Mitchell

Default cutting glass tubing

Rick wrote:

"williamhenry" wrote in message
sounds like borosilicate glass tubing

nasty stuff to cut in short lengths

mcmaster sells a nice little handheld cutter that helps immensely,

I still buy extra tubing when making sight glasses at work , they don't
always break nice and clean

Sounded like sight glass material to me, too. I've never tried cutting
something that short.
I've always assumed the vendor cut them with a wet saw, especially the
larger diameter ones.

Sounds like a job for a glass saw... a 'wet' table saw with a thin
abrasive cut off disk. Water coolant is sprayed on the wheel just ahead
of the cut. Most have a ball-bearing sliding table to hold the glass.
Short or thin sections are do-able, but care must be used.

A wet tile saw might work, with an appropriate fine and thin saw disk.

Dan Mitchell