ARWadsworth

Default Isolation switch wiring convention

Hi

Quick question: whenever I've seen DP isolation switches in consumer

units
the supply wires invariably enter the switch from the top, obviously

because
the busbar is connected to the bottom. However, I'm just about to add

an
isolation switch between the meter and a connection block and was

wondering
whether I should maintain this convention, i.e. that the meter tails

are
connected to the uppermost contacts of the switch?

I guess the switch might specify which are the Feed and Load

terminals,
in which case I used them even if they were at the top. Nor reason
though why you couldn't feed the tails in from below and then run up
inside to the other terminals. Assuming there is enough space.

--
Chris French, Leeds

You could buy some new tails. Only a few quid.

..but you'd need to break the meter seal (or get the leccy board to do it)

to connect them.

I think this group has been down this road many times. At the end of the
road the tails do belong to the owner of the house not the leccy co.
Adam