Posted to sci.electronics.repair
stoneattic stoneattic is offline

Default RCA TV - Whites have yellow tint after spontaneous power cycle

On Dec 23, 10:27 am, Meat Plow wrote:
On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 21:08:06 -0800,stoneatticwrote:
On Dec 17, 12:19 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 15:26:28 -0800,stoneatticwrote:
Thanks everyone. I was pretty sure it was more than something simple,
or at least simple enough for me to fix, but figured I'd get some
input before springing for a new TV. The TV is over 10 years old.
We just picked up a Samsung 46" LCD.

Well I should be around to help you when your new set poops out in a year
or so

just kidding

One last question, is this set worth taking it somewhere to have it
looked at, or should I just put it out for the trash?

If it were mine I would recycle it. Having spent time working on them for
a living I surely wouldn't pay to have it looked at nor would I bother
tossing it on my bench here at home. I recently had the same thing happen
to my bedroom 20" RCA Tru Flat TV/DVD combo TV. Well not the same problem
as you but the tuner failed. I gave it to my 15 yr old son for his room
since all he ever did with his 19" TV was watch DVD movies. I took his 19"
TV and gave it to Goodwill. I bought myself an early Christmas present, a
32" widescreen HDTV for my bedroom

I took your advise and put it out for the trash. This guys tuner had
failed ages ago but I got around it by setting the channel to 00 and
using s-video and RCA inputs. With the messed up tuner and yellow
issue and the fact it was 10+ years old it was time to retire it. I
just hate throwing anything out that MIGHT be useful.

Thanks for all the advice everyone.