Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default cleaning hard floors

ed wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message .uk...
ed wrote:
We have hard ceramic floors in our kitchen is there a good device
easier than mop and water to clean them with Thanks E

Depends entirely on the level of soiling e.g. how dirty does it get?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman & British Institute of Cleaning Science
Trainer in a former life.

OK, simple solution. Geat a decent mop & bucket like this
http://tinyurl.com/37jx9n and whats called a 'kentucky' mop head & handle.
Also a 'wet/dry' vacuum like Numatics 'Charles'
http://www.numatic.co.uk/products4.asp?id=27

Warm water & small amount of detergent in bucket. Mop floor with soaking
wet mop, wring mop & use to pick up most of the water, follow with wet vac.

Very quick & very thorough. I used to help run a youth club - 200 kids
running around a playground in all weathers, small cafateria area looked
like a WW1 battlefield afterwards - cleaned up a treat in a very short time
using this method.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk