Jeff Wisnia

Default Elecrical Question

KD wrote:
I have 2 machine tools both 3 phase. I have a phase converter. I have
been in the past, just pulling the 3 wires from the motor off of the
converter, and plugging in the motor wires from the other machine.
Its a bigger pain that it sounds. I am looking for some kind of swith
to just switch between the two without having to pull wires. ANybody
know what I should be looking for? Thanks for the help. if trying to
email me direct, email
Thanks

Ask your electrical supply store for a "manual double throw three phase
transfer switch" with sufficient ampacity for the heavier of the two
loads. Wire it in where you can easily reach it to throw the handle.

Lots of companies make them.

If cost is a factor and you've got a well stocked electrical junk pile,
but no transfer switches in it...... You could use a couple of three
phase disconnect switches (fused or unfused) and rig some kind of a
mechanical interlock between them so that they won't both be "on" at the
same time. It shouldn't take much more than appropriate mounting
locations and some sort of center pivoted lever to accomplish that. (No
warranty from me on an electrical or insurance inspector "buying" it
though. G)

Good Luck,

Jeff

--