Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

"Oren" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 16:15:41 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

"Joseph Meehan" wrote

I agree that we need to look at all the data. I welcome it. The
problem is I have not found it and it appears others have not been able
find it. We are all working with insuficent data.

You're joking and you're just a troll pulling everyone's chain, right?

Look at all the data? Preposterous! Non-crimes, those that were
thwarted,
are not reported a lot, and if they are, they are not entered into the
crime
statistic database much of the time.

Any reasonable man can find statistics to support any preconceived
conclusion. Dealing with reality is a little different.

He is not a troll, just not singing off the same page as many folk in
the USA or this group thread. Is that statistics?!!

My revolver is 25 years old. The stats: it has less than 100 rounds
fired. For sighting, mostly..but I do keep it around for safety.

Now this weapon is antique, designed 25 years ago for LEO.

Joseph, you are really getting to be a bore.

Ya get bored easy Steve? Cabin fever?!!

Yes, I get bored with droning anti-gunners picking and choosing statistics
that aren't pertinent, relevant, or even applicable. They are solely based
on emotion, and they are not very good drama queens at that.

People don't want to carry a gun? Then don't. It's a simple thing. Just
don't dare to tell me what I can/should/ought/have to do.

Some people here live in whitebread rural America. Others live in the
hardscrabble streets of Megalopolis. Huge difference. What works in
Bozotown doesn't work in Hugetown. And people in Bozotown cannot perceive
the way of life for someone in Hugetown. And the need to be on guard and
alert, lest you fall prey. I really don't mind their ignorance, and
understand it now that I live in a town of 1200. Moved here from a city of
two million. If someone from here moved to the big city, they'd likely be
undergoing an attitude adjustment early on.

Steve