Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
turnerbob turnerbob is offline

Default Newbie and Christmas Gift

On Dec 26, 12:00*pm, Douglas Johnson wrote:

After years of asking me "Why don't you get a lathe?" my beloved bride took the
problem into her own hands. *There was a Jet JWL-1642-2EVS under the tree.

-- Doug

Hi Doug, I say send er back. (the lathe not the bride)
Call up tomorrow and cancel that order. Once you start woodturning the
woodworking will take a back seat.
Just today I pulled out a shaker clock that I started building 8-9
years ago to see what I needed to finish it up. It's the first flat
woodworking I've done in all this time. Well except for building
stands for my lathes, shelves for blanks and racks for turning tools.
Tomorrow I'm going to set the clock back in the corner where it's
spent the last 9 years because I have woodturnings I want to work on.
The upside is the clock will be an antique by the time I finish it.
You've been warned! :-) Bob
http://www.outofcontrol-woodturning.com