Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G. Greg G. is offline

Default For The Turners

JACK said:

Where in Atlanta?

Alpharetta here.

Unincorporated Cobb between Fulton County and Sminings.
8 minutes to Buckhead, 20 minutes to Mare-retta. 12 minutes to
Rockler. 16 minutes to Highland Hardware. Worked for a decade in
Roswell, Dunwoody, and Sandy Spring when Alpharetta (and Roswell for
that matter) were horse farms and Dairy Queens. Most old customers
lived there. Cobb, however, remains the puss pocket it always was.

I mostly turn stuff like this:
http://webpages.charter.net/videodoc..._pwalnut01.jpg
I'm thinking of starting a new theme based series of turnings.
Pettifoggers, Politicians, & Machinery will be initial efforts. ;-)

Good luck with the antler turnings, I see you have gotten more useful
advice from others. I've tried to find alternate materials locally,
alabaster and raw turquoise for instance, but have had little luck.
Miami, Chicago, LA and NYC seem to be the primary outlets for artistic
supplies, yet ordering sight unseen is risky and/or shipping = $$.
Lots of fake turquoise going around these days.

Greg G.