Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_2_] HeyBub[_2_] is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

Oh, but the number of abortions DID increase. At least double.

I wonder if there was anything preventing abortions from being
accurately reported and counted when it was illegal? LOL!

The figures I cited were from the Centers for Disease Control.

While not precise (for the implied reasons you mentioned), they are
probably pretty accurate. The number of deaths attributed to botched
abortions are not only accurate but also precise.

It doesn't matter where the numbers came from, you twit. The
procedure was illegal at one time. So, the reported numbers are
almost guaranteed to be inaccurate and cannot be used to compare
against the numbers after the procedure became legal.

You might want to remain silent on subjects like this until you've
obtained your G.E.D.

Evidently, you do not know the difference between "accuracy" and
"precision." But that's okay. I don't think the distinction was emphasized
through the GED level.

In not every state was abortion illegal in 1973.

From the above referenced report:
"For each year since 1969, CDC has compiled abortion data by state or area
of occurrence. During 1973--1997, data were received from or estimated for
52 reporting areas in the United States: 50 states, the District of
Columbia, and New York City. In 1998 and 1999, CDC compiled abortion data
from 48 reporting areas. Alaska, California, New Hampshire, and Oklahoma did
not report, and data for these states were not estimated. For 2000--2002,
Oklahoma again reported these data, increasing the number of reporting areas
to 49.

"A total of 854,122 legal induced abortions were reported to CDC for 2002
from 49 reporting areas, representing a 0.1% increase from the 853,485 legal
induced abortions reported by the same 49 reporting areas for 2001. The
abortion ratio, defined as the number of abortions per 1,000 live births,
was 246 in 2002, the same as reported for 2001. The abortion rate was 16 per
1,000 women aged 15--44 years for 2002, the same as for 2001. For the same
48 reporting areas, the abortion rate remained relatively constant during
1997--2002."

These data are not from the "Right to Life" bunch nor from the pro-abortion
people. These data are from the CDC, an organization which is chock-a-block
full of epidemiologists and biological statisticians. They've been cranking
numbers for over sixty years and have a pretty good track record for
reliability.

My formal education is a tad beyond the GED level. In addition to a masters
in math and attending law school, I graduated from the State Department's
Foreign Service Academy and spent 9 months in Viet Nam (bummer). I also
served (for a short time) as an AA to a United States Senator (double
bummer). I've got a diploma from the DEA's Advanced Narcotics school, the
FBI's Into to Bombs and Explosives, and spent 8 years as a deputy sheriff.
I've translated the Bible into Morse Code and written the book "Toilet
Tissue Origami - The Ultimate Book for the John."

If you want to match bits of paper - which really signify zilch - I'd be
glad to give it a go.

On the other hand, if you just want to sling insults, I'm vulnerable on my
affection for well-developed breasts.