Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

"Jim Redelfs" wrote in message
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

If, hypothetically, those rods could be ground into the finest powder
possible and dumped into a lake that serves as the water supply for 3
million people, what do you suppose would be the results, and I mean
PLURAL
results? The next day, the next week, the next year. Tell me about the
results.

Very young children and the oldest adults would be hardest hit. (Women
and
minorities, too, of course.) They would, however, have to consume large
quantities of seriously contaminated water.

For the bulk of the rest of the consumers, they would probably ingest
(probably) about the equivalent of a couple or three chest x-rays. Given
that
the average adult is traditionally UNDER-hydrated, the effect would
probably
be less.

It would take a *LOT* of ground-up, spent fuel rods to successfully
(fatally)
contaminate an open reservoir serving 3-million consumers.

Such hypotheticals are wonderful entertainment for those that preoccupy
themselves with dead-end scenarios but of little concern to those with an
otherwise "normal" life.
--

JR

As far as you know.....