Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Take yer gun to the mall

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 06:22:46 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

"David R. Birch" wrote in message
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Dec 25, 1:13 pm, Dave Hinz wrote:
On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 07:49:50 -0600, David R. Birch
wrote:

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Dec 24, 9:06 am, Dave Hinz wrote:
I don't actually care where the cop is when I need them, they're not
where I need them. So, I'm on my own. If I'm banned from defending
myself, the only person made safer by
that ban, is the criminal who ignores laws like "don't shoot people"
and all that.
Dave...give us examples of how the cops were not there when you needed
them.
? Cops aren't there to prevent crimes, they're there to investigate
crimes that have already happened and catch the bad
guys who did them. The only way to have cops always there when
you need them is to have LOTS of cops everywhere. Spain under Franco
was like that, and the former East Germany. I don't want
that.
Yup. As usual, too_many_trolls mistakes a simple truth (cops can't be
everywhere at all times) and pretends that somehow that's not a truth or
relevant to self-defense unless I, specifically, have personally needed
one who wasn't around. Doesn't work that way, again, that's like
pretending that flat tires don't happen if you haven't had one.

So Dave has apparently has no examples of how the cops were not there for
him.

Almost anyone who's a victim of a crime is an example of cops not
being there for them.

Why does this not surprise me?

Why would it surprise you? Are you unable to read and understand what
I posted above? Try it again, starting with "? Cops..."

So Dave do you have any examples of how carrying a gun has protected you?
No fantasies...just facts please.

Not an issue here, both Dave and I live in Wisconsin, where our
governor has recognized that the residents of this state are less
trustworthy and competent than those of all the states that have CCW
with no problems. There is no CCW in Wisconsin.

I know of cases where a Wisconsin resident prevented a crime of
violence by illegally carrying a concealed gun. No cites, of course,
because the violent crime DIDN'T HAPPEN.

David

It's been a long long long time since I heard of a deer hunter being robbed

Steve ;-)

Or mass robberies at gun shows....

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner