Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Weird electrical problem

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 13:59:46 -0500, "m_corbelli"
wrote:

I have a house that's now 18 years old. I am the original owner. On one
circuit, I am getting intermittent loss of full power. This is manifested by
lights that go dim like when a motor somewhere kicks on. I have a UPS in
that room that beeps when this happens, but no tv's, clocks, etc. actually
experience a full loss of power requiring a reset. This happens anywhere for
0 to 20 times a day and can last from 5 seconds to 30 seconds and only on
that circuit. I have checked all the outlets and switches and replaced a
few. I have jiggled appliances and plugged and unplugged everything to see
if I can reproduce the effects consistently. I have checked the panel and
nothing seems out of sorts. I placed my hand on the breaker and it's not
warm. It's driving me crazy. Aside from calling an electrician in (the
obvious solution) can anyone help me track this down?

How old the UPS?

Check the manufactuere's web site for a FAQ.