Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Radial Arm Saw Motor

wrote:

Well, it happened in this case -- this for a RAS which use integral
motors, not external mounts. The advice for a rewind shop is best bet.

??? The place I mentioned can supply a replacement motor, as can any
electrical suppy house I've ever encountered. The motor was not custom
designed for that radial arm saw. A standard motor was specified by
whomever designed the saw. All you need is any numbers found on the
motor, and some dimensional information. This is not rocket science.

But how could you know that? I had a similar vintage same name radial
arm saw and the motor was anything but a standard form. The head is
basically built around the motor.

Then again, maybe the OP doesn't know the difference between "burned
out" and "just needs a new set of brushes installed".