Posted to alt.home.repair
m_corbelli m_corbelli is offline

Default Weird electrical problem

I have a house that's now 18 years old. I am the original owner. On one
circuit, I am getting intermittent loss of full power. This is manifested by
lights that go dim like when a motor somewhere kicks on. I have a UPS in
that room that beeps when this happens, but no tv's, clocks, etc. actually
experience a full loss of power requiring a reset. This happens anywhere for
0 to 20 times a day and can last from 5 seconds to 30 seconds and only on
that circuit. I have checked all the outlets and switches and replaced a
few. I have jiggled appliances and plugged and unplugged everything to see
if I can reproduce the effects consistently. I have checked the panel and
nothing seems out of sorts. I placed my hand on the breaker and it's not
warm. It's driving me crazy. Aside from calling an electrician in (the
obvious solution) can anyone help me track this down?