Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Neptune Washing Machine

bruce6230 wrote:

I am having a problem with my washing machine. It is a front loader.
The symptoms a water is running out the bottom of the door. The
door can be opened when the machine is running. It smells like the
motor is getting hot. The washer does complete the cycle from
beginning to end. The washer is nine years old. Not sure if I should
repair or replace. Sears charges $65 to show up in the driveway. I am
not real mechanically inclined but am willing to try to help myself.

It's at least worth the effort to pull it out and see if it's a simple
item like a worn out belt. Nine years is fairly old, but since it's a
higher end unit, if it was working well prior to this it should be worth
fixing if it's something simple like a belt. A decent washer can last 30
years with some minimal maintenance like belts.