Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_2_] mac davis[_2_] is offline

Default Mini Gloat

On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 09:11:54 -0900, Kevin Miller
wrote:

mac davis wrote:
snop
Life is GOOD!

Oh.. I also sold 2 pieces, making it a very cool weekend..

It's funny - once word gets around that you turn wood it just seems to
migrate to your doorstep. It's almost as if the ghost of the tree will
do anything to keep from being burned. Better get started on the wood
shed now - you're gonna need it...

...Kevin

You should see the wood he offered my yesterday for the min-lathe, Kevin..

When I loaned him the mini, he talked about maybe "trading something" for it.. I
told him I really didn't want to give up the mini..

He calls yesterday and says that he has a "piece of ironwood" that I might want
to look at...
I get down to his studio and he has a friggin' TREE on his truck... probably 20
or 25" diameter and it's diagonal on his flatbed, so I'm guessing 9' long.. WOW!

It's tempting, but I hate to give up the mini... Not like I can go buy another
one in town..
If I get this wood, it's gonna be a huge stack.. no shed here..lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing