Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Douglas Johnson[_2_] Douglas Johnson[_2_] is offline

Default Newbie and Christmas Gift

While I'm a regular reader and infrequent poster over at the rec.woodworking
news group. I'm a newbie here.

After years of asking me "Why don't you get a lathe?" my beloved bride took the
problem into her own hands. There was a Jet JWL-1642-2EVS under the tree.

Well, sort of. It is supposed to be delivered in a week or so. I can hardly
wait. I've always been interested in turning, but thought I had enough to learn
in the flat arena.

Thanks in advance for all the advice I'm going to get here, and thanks for
putting up with a double gloat (lathe and bride).

-- Doug