Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Todd Rich Todd Rich is offline

Default Ping Iggy...

Paul wrote:
(snip)
Glad that did it, most of the time the factory defaults are sane enough
to get simple applications going relatively easily, but sometimes not.
A '3' in 0-19 might be better than a '1' as it locks out the keypad for
control inputs. As this is a compressor and should only run 'FWD' I'd
suggest setting 1-21 to '1' to disable 'REV'.

I was considering it, and will probably set it to disable REV today.

If this drive came to you new and unmolested the factory defaults should
be enforce, if it was used previously I'd go through and check all the
settings, or just use the 'reset to factory defaults' function (you'll
have to change back anything you setup already). If you expect the
drive to do motor overcurrent protection, (you most likely need this)
you'll have to enter the motor nameplate full load amps in 5-00. Some
drives require this entry to run but others don't, also check 5-03,
'Number of Poles'. The factory default is '4' which is correct for a
nominal 1800 rpm motor (most likely what your compressor motor is).
Maybe you've been through these last settings already, if so ignore this
last

Yep, the drive came brand new. I'm not sure why I'm missing a lot of
these setting. The input is probably due to just not understanding what I
was reading. However I should have notice 5-00, and will enter today when
I get a chance. My other VFD has a whole block of data that needed to be
entered in from the motor's dataplate. And yes, it is an 1800 rpm notor.
And thanks for the input. While I'm not necessarily *happy* with having
mistakes pointed out to me, I would much rather that happen than to go on
wandering in ignorance.

Regards
Paul

Todd