Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default cleaning hard floors

On 2007-12-26 17:32:00 +0000, "PeterK" said:

"ed" wrote in message
We have hard ceramic floors in our kitchen is there a good device
easier than mop and water to clean them with Thanks E

Vax V-029 is a basic hard floor cleaner. I think I paid around £80 and
it's easier than an mop & bucket. Cleans over 15m2 on one fill and
surprisingly good at sucking up water on a very uneven tiled floor.
Used for a utlity room "dog & wellies" mud. 2 design flaws/annoyances
- the removable water tank can sometimes be a pain to put back and the
water suction head say 300mm x 8mm has cross pieces to make the slot
rigid and these collect dog hairs that then collect dirty water that
drips back out after use.

http://www.vax.co.uk/vax/product_ran...php?rangeID=56

PeterK

Ah they do still make them. I couldn't find this in an earlier search
- only the carpet cleaners.

I have the earlier yellow one and get good results on a fairly uneven
slate floor.