Posted to rec.woodworking
DonkeyHody DonkeyHody is offline

Default Panel Saw Experiences?

Sadly, I had some similar thoughts.

I do volunteer work, where I'll never loan my power tools to anyone
who I haven't developed total respect for their skills and
sensibilities. *I turn down LOTS of requests at jobs to use my tools
to make a quick cut, or drive a few nails...

I'm not even sure I would select a specific panel saw for the school
to buy, or install it. *I would simply point them to a knowledgeable
local dealer, who can sell it and set it up.

While I recognize the truth in what you say, I simply refuse to live
my life that way. Much of the joy I find in life comes from finding
ways to help others. I'm not going to let a few bad apples rob me of
that joy.

In the biblical story of the Good Samaritan, the Priest and the Levite
were doubtless afraid, but they weren't excused by their fear.

DonkeyHody
"Better trust all, and be decieved,
And weep that trust and that decieving,
Than doubt one soul that if believed,
Had blessed one's life with true believing.
Oh in this mocking world too fast
The doubting fiend o'retakes our youth.
Better to be cheated to the last
Than lose the blessed hope of truth.