Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default Valves

Andy Hall wrote:

According to Honeywell's specs. the requirements are listed above.

What if the controller is a PID type with automatic learning and
prediction of heat requirement? Does that mean that it's not S-plan
any longer because it's not the T6360B1028 Room Thermostat listed on
the web site.

No, because the two zones are still independently controlled by timers and
stats - even if one zone combines this in the form of a programmable stat.
[In fact, one of Honeywell's application notes describes just that - "S-Plan
with programmable room stat".]

It may be splitting hairs but I see a distinction between that and a system
which suppresses the feed to one zone until the demand of another unrelated
zone is satisfied.

Honeywell's description of S-plan says:

"The Sundial 'S' Plan is designed to provide independent temperature
control of both heating and hot water circuits in fully pumped
heating installations. Time control may be provided by a time switch
or programmer."

It says nothing about whether or not one can be given priority over
the other.

Surely, it's implicit in the word "independent".

I think perhaps it's time to call it a day. The OP - if he's still
watching! - must be thoroughly confused by all this!
--
Cheers,
Roger