Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

A couple I know had an Escalade...The wife later got a job that involved
a 40 minute commute. She was surprised to find that she was getting about
12 mpg doing 55 on a flat highway. They sold the tank

Surprised? Did she expect the tank to get significantly better mileage than
the numbers on the window sticker? What an idiot.

Agreed.

In my case, I was well aware of the gas-guzzling reputation of the big block
V8 I bought. I'm not complaining. Of course, if the pickup had to do more
than 3.6 miles, one way, to-and-from work, I'm sure it would go away in favor
of a less expensive vehicle.

Then I'd have to sell the travel trailer. Oh, the horror... the horror!
--

JR