Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

In article , dpb wrote:

As I see it, what will happen w/ CFL's is the same thing that currently
happens w/ incandescents -- when they burn out, folks will toss them in
the trash and that's it, no matter what the rules are.

Agreed.

There will be a small number of folks who will go to some extra trouble,
but it will be a minute fraction of the population.

If someone can convince me that disposing of spent CFLs in the general waste
stream is significantly environmentally detrimental, I'll collect mine (what
few I use) and take them to a collection site.

That is, of course, unless I am charged more than a dollar or two to leave
them. In such a case, I will return home with my bucket of dead CFLs and dole
them into the household trash, one or two a week, until they are gone.
--

JR