Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

If these features are present everywhere, I'll be happy.

Although I don't know for sure, I suspect they are. Obviously, I hope they
are.

The containment structure is another issue - I have no
idea what it's like.

The typical core containment makes, by comparison, the Pentagon appear to have
been built of straw.

Especially after 9/11, if a flight strays too close to a nuke, all hell breaks
loose. If the flight doesn't deviate from its apparent collision path, the
nuke operator can do an emergency shutdown, ramming the control rods back into
the core pretty quickly. Even if the containment were seriously breached by a
direct hit, the reactor vessel would probably survive intact.

My other concern is whether it would be possible for a bunch of idiots to
plan another joke like the Shoreham plant (Long Island).

What was THAT all about?
--

JR