Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

Ya know, sometimes the antinukers have a point that they don't mention
explicitly because they shouldn't have to if the audience is intelligent
enough. This is the point: Politicians will approve just about ANYTHING if
someone lines their pockets sufficiently. For all we know, Yucca Mountain
could be sitting on top of an enormous aquifer that nobody's tapped yet.
We'd never know it until Western states decided to tap into it and found it
was contaminated.

I went to Google just to be a smart ass and say they don't know.
Turns out they do know.
http://www.epa.gov/radiation/yucca/about.html
Highlights, the radiation storage is better than 1000 feet above the
aquifer. Googling "Yucca Mountain" and aquifer yields all sorts of neat
stuff.