Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] spamfree@spam.heaven is offline

Default Bench Grinder

On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 19:30:43 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 21:50:42 -0500, Wes wrote:

Wes wrote:

I tried a green wheel once and took Harolds advice and bought a diamond
wheel. Like night and day. The carbide isn't chipped with the diamond
unlike it was with green wheel.

replace unlike with like

Green for roughing and forming, diamond for finishing

Does this mean that the diamond wheel wears out?
Or is the diamond wheel just so much more expensive that you avoid
risking damage as much as possible?

All I want to do is touch up the odd carbide tipped metal lathe tool,
and various HSS woodworking tools. Perhaps some diamond strops, or
files might be better? I suspect I will not be reshaping any carbide
tools, just putting an edge on them occasionally. jack