Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

HeyBub wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

It's too late. The 54% spoke twice, and put one of their own in the
White House.

In spite of an occassional setback, we will prevail. It's the "Roe Effect."

For those that don't know, the "Roe Effect" is the result of legalizing
abortion.

It is estimated that, in 1982, there were 50,000 abortions in Florida. Those
that were not born in 1982 would have been eligible to vote in 2000. Bush
won Florida, and with it the presidency, by 500-odd votes.

A more detailed explanation he http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roe_effect

The liberals are destroying their seed corn.

Regretable, but we conservatives always try to look on the bright side.

That sounds bogus to me. I doubt legalizing abortion increased the
number of abortions by much; it probably had a greater effect by
saving the lives of girls who otherwise would have died during illegal
abortions. Thus, the numbers of those favoring the policy would
INCREASE over time.