Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arthur2 Arthur2 is offline

Default Combi - no hot water

"Andy Hall" wrote in message news:47718c28@qaanaaq...
On 2007-12-25 22:16:40 +0000, "Arthur2" said:

I have the check valves closed to the rads since discovering the leak
mentioned a fews ago on here.
And the c/h is now switched off.

So the burner can't be lighting at all or running for any length of time.
The water would boil and the burner would turn off.

Theres definitely nothing happening behind the viewing hole.
This hole is normally hidden behind the fascia panel so I don't know whats
visible during normal operation.

The hot water was working earlier today but then just quit. As said, the
fan/pump turns on when using the hot taps.
There is a viewing hole but nothing happening there.

Can you normally see the blue flames through there when it's running the
CH?

Re; this viewing hole,
should something be happening
when just the hot water is on?

If you can normally see flames then yes it should be the same.

If other gas appliances are working, then this fault is probably the gas
valve, a sensor or the control electronics in the boiler.

Looks like I'm calling a corgi guy in the morning.
Do they charge heavy on boxing day; assuming they have the time.?

In the meantime I will switch the thing off and hope something magic
happens.

Thanks for your help.

Arthur.