Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default basic plumbing--drains

What you are proposing will work fine. The biggest problem you'll have is
all the replies you'll get here telling you otherwise.

"brent" wrote in message
I am renovating my bathroom.I want to move my bathtub about 6 feet out
from the wall. My intention is to just tie the new drain into the old
line where it ties into the main stack draining down into the
basement. Is there a problem with this?I also want to build a seperate
walk in shower basically where the bathtub presently is.My intention
is to tie the shower drain into the new bathtub line before it ties
into the main stack.Is there a problem with this?This is the first
time I have attempted any plumbing and any advice would be
appreciated.
Brent